This is the final stage in plastic product development. At this stage physical production ready parts are available for testing and validation. This stage determines the actual part cost as per cycle time and number of secondary processes. Various part defects are observed and can be reduced or eliminated with processing. Quality of parts, yield, color matching and dimensional stability can be controlled by tweaking the process parameters.
We recommend performing decoupled molding on site for mold validation and production. With the help of decoupled molding process window can be established.
More about decoupled molding process can be found
The concept of scientific molding is simply separating the molding process to specific fill, pack and hold portions of the process. Scientific Molding is a systematic approach to molding that accepts the scientific principle of plastic behavior and combines them with the known variables which we can control.
Scientific molding Benefits for older injection molding press:
- Repeatable injection speed control compensates for effective viscosity variations while filling the mold – reducing variations in the cavity(ies) during this phase.
- Filling speed is independent from how the mold is packed.
- Cavity to cavity imbalance has less effect on how much plastic is packed into each cavity.
- Packing and holding are coupled from the “plastics point of view.”
- Packing is viscosity sensitive and will vary.
Scientific molding Benefits with velocity profiling capability at injection molding press:
- Same as all benefits of Decoupled #2!
- Independent control of packing rate and how much plastic is “held” in the mold.
- Packing the mold is not viscosity sensitive when using cavity pressure transfer.
- Allows precise control of the amount of plastic packed into the cavity(ies) due to low inertia effects.
- Most repeatable method of molding.
- Packing the mold to a position transfer, in lieu of cavity pressure transfer, will allow more variation due to changes in viscosity and non-return valve performance.
Our quoting process
Our engineer will meet with your team to define the business and technical needs for the project in a work order. Based on the work project requirements we will submit a quote for the project. We will provide a breakdown of consulting, engineering and so-site time. An ongoing hourly rate is also available for on-site and consulting time.
We look forward working with you soon.